"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
--Ether 12:4




Monday, October 24, 2011

Trust in the Lord with all Thine Heart



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD ON THURSDAY!!!!  So Sad I can´t be there but I will be thinking of you all day.

Hola!!  Well the title describes what I´ve been thinking lately with transfers this week and also with my physical condition.  The Lord knows everything and knows why things happen and I just know that even though our mortal understanding can´t comprehend the eternal perspective of situations sometimes here on earth, our Heavenly Father is so aware of us and if we trust Him and the important part:  ACT according to His will for us, we can KNOW that He truly will direct our paths.

I´ve been sick, in bed for 4 days straight and I feel like I have Mono but the people down here have no idea what that means haha.  I got to go to a medical clinic today and have the opportunity to experience 3rd world medical care--they sent me home with some meds cuz they have no idea what I have!  It started out where my body literally just felt like it would collapse--I couldn´t breathe well and completely lost my appetite so we returned mid day and we thought it would go away.  Well it didn´t go away at all and so I´ve only left the house for our baptism on Sat, church on Sunday and we came home early because I was dying, and today to go to the medical clinic and say goodbye to Marianela and Gabriel with Hna Angulo because they wanted to see her before she left (and as of now we have no idea when that will be!)--they are incredible ps!

Well Monday night our footsteps were literally guided by Heavenly Father and we felt SO so grateful.  We met with a new investigator who wants to find the truth and said this was the last place he would look and we just felt good about him and his desires and like we knew exactly what to say.  We have a great comp dynamic.  Hna Angulo then immediately thought in Manuel and we couldn´t believe it but went to follow that prompting and on the way there ran into  Soheil.  I knew immediately that the ¨Manuel¨ thought actually was to find Soheil--I kept having Logan´s words to me about that situation running over and over again in my mind that he prayed SO hard that one of the 2 would accept and turns out it was Soheil for now.  It was so great to meet with him, he feels things super deeply and feels guilty for his sins so we talked about the Atonement.  His eyes are so full of light it´s incredible!  We also figured out for sure it wasn´t for Manuel haha but left a blessing with his family and his household--I know for sure one day that fam will accept.

Tuesday we had the lovely privilege of showering in our ZLs house because our bathroom had been a pool for a week and was getting fixed so we went in all our beauty and PJs to their house to get ready and let me tell you right now that elders have NO idea how to treat sisters sometimes hahahaha it cracks me up and frustrates me at the same time.  We are humans and yes I understand we were there in PJS and to shower but chill out, they left the house and we got ready but Elder Van Wagoner couldn´t look us in the eyes and was pretty short and red in the face.  Poor guy.
Hna Angulo and I shared an activity with the zone--because our zone struggles a lot and it went superbly!  We had a great and fun activity with action, treats, and they had animo and then shared a lesson and then sung Come Thou Fount at the piano.  The spirit was very sweet and we could see the difference in their faces--full of love, the spirit, but also determination to do this work.  But then the leaders took over again and everything fell to the floor it seemed.  We actually talked to them afterwards and let them know how we feel over and over again dreading to come to meetings because no one feels good.  There is a way to get the elders to work and get animated but it isn´t by tearing them down completely every single week.  There is an artful way to mix in criticism with praise and encouragement and I have learned that really everything I learned in teaching children applies with adults, missionaries, lessons in the mish, marriages, companionships, etc.  I guess it´s because we´re all children at heart!

Our footsteps were again led to Marixa Pico--a reference from the ward and it was perfect because a member was already visiting her.  She felt so sad and guilty for some sins she committed and for an abortion 20 days ago.  We felt her sadness and it was a miracle the exact time we could share with her a portion of HF´s love.  Wednesday, at our second lesson, she told us how much better she had felt since our visit the night before and that she has real intention.  She wants to hear the lessons and pray for an answer and use the Atonement in her life.  She will have a process but we can see the fruit that will come and the happiness and light this Gospel brings!  It completely changes lives--how true this work is. 

Wednesday was also Gabriel´s interview and we found out beforehand he had participated in an abortion 10 years ago and so the interview was pretty long and even then, we all had to wait while the elders went and called President Amaya.  Gabriel was so great, though--he recognized everything and why it was happening and had such great desires and we were SOO stoked when he passed!!!  I screamed WOOHOO outside haha.  Such JOY--it is indescribable!  Every returned missionary is so right this week when they wrote me and told me that the mish is so hard most of the time but the moments of pure bliss and joy are the things you remember.  I´m already starting to see that as I reflect back on my time here!  I feel so privileged to be in the mission and to share the love of our Savior and His truth with the people here!
Also during the interview, I got to play the piano and sing for like 2 hours straight and it was exactly what I needed.  That was for you, Jill Gibson :)
We saw Soheil Wed night and he had been praying--hadn´t missed a morning or night and had felt so so much peace and calm in his life which is a miracle for him!  We talked about the Word of Wisdom and he had read some pages in Persa-Farsi we had left him describing some of our beliefs.  It's difficult though because we don't have the Book of Mormon and we are kind of at a loss of how to teach from here on out because he doesn´t read Spanish.  Help! haha.  We haven't seen him since--he missed his lesson and church but we aren´t done yet!

Thursday we saw Rebeca and Pepe again and it was such a frustrating lesson.  I don´t know how to make things click with them or if they would receive it completely instead of part way.
Marianela had her interview on Thursday and we were all surprised when the elder had to go call as well for her but thank heavens for the elders and their interviews!  She was really nervous and tired after everything but also PASSED and it was so wonderful!  I got to play with her 2 year old girl Allisson as we were all waiting and she is a completel doll--FULL of personality and just gorgeous.
Soheil passed us and told us he had dreamt that we were all walking in a garden and had a peaceful night for the first time in months. hahaha that guy--we love him.
Also we met with Mercedez and Anita and the husband Juan Carlos was there--which was a miracle!  We taught about the law of chastity and they realized the importance of that commandment and committed to talk and set a date to get married and he also accepted baptism with the rest of them so we need to focus hard on them and teach him too!  They are another amazing family--its so important to find families!

Saturday--BAPTISM!!!  Marianela and Gabriel are such an amazing, powerful couple and the ward members can already see how strong they are and will be!  I love them so much.  They have meant so much to us and to know them, having taught them, and watch them change and grow has truly been a huge privilege.  They were shining :)
Sunday they received the Spirit and Marianela was teary--they have the temple in mind and that goal set and they can´t wait for us all to come back in 2 years during the summer.  Yes--I´m telling people my plans for that already and they are counting on it :)
Also--all during church, Allisson was crying to sit and be with me so she ran up to the stand where I was sitting and sat on my lap the whole meeting and only wanted to be with me--that was a sweet experience because I love her and kids so so much and she is so cute! 

Sunday I couldn´t sleep even though I was dead and tried to all day.  Haha I hate change--you all know that I get sick and worried about changes and so we were pretty uptight all day.  We got to reflect on our time here and it truly has been a marvelous, growing, incredible experience.  We´ve recognized how many blessings we´ve received, how many amazing things we have been allowed to see, the lessons learned, the amazing people SO close to our hearts, etc.  When Hna Angulo got transfered, our hearts dropped.  We knew it and felt it but didn´t want to accept it.  We both cried and hugged each other for a long time and just reflected on our time.  Also, there was a fireworks show outside for a long time which was kind of cool--like a last hurrah!   We love each other and it´s hard to think we have to start over now and especially hard for her to leave this place after almost 8 months but we will be back :)  What a privilege it has been to be here with her, to learn together, experience EVERY single aspect of the work together, laugh, cry, and most importantly take these people with us in our hearts.  This work is life changing, brings salvation, and lets light and love enter into your life.  Embrace it with all you have!!

We will see what this week brings with changes in comp, etc but I know the Lord knows us!  I love you all and miss you so so much!!

Love,
Hermana Bryan


Logan:  I´ve been praying for you and E Washburn and Tod all week!  I´ve also been praying that things work out exactly as they should for transfers.  I'm dying to hear!!!  How's Wyoming and the weather?  I miss you bud tons and tons every day--you give me energy to keep going and you are the best missionary I know.  I am sending you a lil summin summin this week.

Dallin:  I LOVE your jokes and your humor and I´m sending you a teeny regalo this week in the mail but I hope you like it.  Your week sounds busy but awesome.  How's seminary and your friends and your goals going?  6 pounds dang boy!  Your gunna be skin and bones.  Like Esqueleto only handsome.  Why have you not been baptized?!  Ps I love you and admire your faith and courage and support of us so much.  You are the best!!

Mom and Dad:  I love you so so much.  I´m so grateful for your packages and your talks, etc you sent me.  Thank you so so much!  I am grateful for your prayers and support, examples, and revelation for me and our fam and work in the Gospel.  You´re my heroes!!  Happy bday Dad!

Marianela's Mom, Victor (who baptized), Me, Hna Angulo, Marianela and Gabriel and Allisson

No comments:

Post a Comment