"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
--Ether 12:4




Monday, November 19, 2012

Disciples of Christ

Beautiful Sunset in Ecuador

Hola Familia y Amigos!


Welp another week of full challenges!  Haha literally these last 2 weeks have been CRAZY full of oposition.  But that just means that things have to get better, right? :)  The Lord is teaching me a lot!

Monday we had an awesome practice with our ZLs practicing the song, and I loved helping them reach their notes and sing better--I imagine that's how Jeffrey and other voice teachers feel all the time :)  It's rewarding!
Afterwards, we had another lesson with William and it was INCREDIBLE because my comp extended the baptismal invitation and halfway through, William interrupted her and said, "Yes.  But not Saturday."  hahahaha  It was like he knew, and after that kept hiding behind the pillows, knowing that he had his answer.

Tuesday we had an awesome Zone meeting about the Doctrine of Christ and sang "I Will Not be Still"--it was really special.  We love our ZLs so so much because they are always animating us and sending us texts that make us laugh and it's just great to have their support.  Well we went to William's house and he was a bit weird and different, and it was strange.  We also went to Ariana, and her husband and her expressed to us their gratitude and love and said that they will never ever forget us because we are the first missionaries who have really taken the time and diligence and love to help their family and be there always helping them progress and with Ariana, etc.  Their words touched us so so much.

Wednesday we saw a GORGEOUS sunset and that was a huge tender mercy from the Lord that day :) Also we found out the last part in our drama of scary and dangerous things that have been happening to us, and I honestly have had to be SUPER aware and have protected us from a few situations--the Lord has truly helped me.  Wednesday night was pretty scary and good news is that the members and ZLs were behind us 100% of the way and checking up on us when we went to bed, and at 6:30 in the morning on the dot to make sure we were ok, etc.  But I don't want you guys to worry because things are already taken care of and it was just opposition, and the adversary always trying to scare us.  What a piece---that guy!

Thursday I woke up and a pot of boiling water spilt all over my left hand--that was fun haha--more opposition.  Also I woke up so confused from what was happening, and questioned myself and many other things.  No good--I couldn't even concentrate while studying so we called our leaders to have a meeting with them and it was wonderful.  We were able to tell them everything and the solutions we had come up with and they agreed, and we all felt great about it (like the brother of Jared had to find a solution and then the Lord would help him). They also gave us blessings and in my blessing, Elder Zepeda blessed me with a few things that are actually in my patriarchal blessing, and that I would be able to be super in tune with the Spirit and that I would be strong and prepare myself for the many challenges that would come after the mission, and that I would be very strong.  After that I was like, oh great!  If this is just going to continue, I should just stay here hahaha.  But then I was like, duh Sister Bryan, there will always be challenges and trials!  It's a perfection process and I am FAR from ready and perfect, so how great that the Lord is preparing me for those!
Thursday William decided not to be baptized, and we even prayed with him and everything and he said he got an answer that he was fine where he was, etc.  I don't know if we did something wrong to lose him or what, but he had his answer from the Lord and didn't follow it.  We still have hope, as do the leaders, but man. I know someday :)  

Friday we literally felt the Lord's protection and fulfillment of our blessings and we were excited to keep on going despite opposition!  The Lord also blessed us with a perfect situation with Ariana.  She was alone and we got to talk to her about sacrifices and watch a short video and she was touched and said she was willing to make that sacrifice to be baptized.  However, not quite yet.  She said she doesn't want to wait a long time either but not immediately, etc.  But that is a huge huge progress from what it was before!!!

Saturday I found out I have an intestinal infection again.  Hard day but Ariana and her husband--we had a great lesson with them and helped Kleber recognize the need to help his wife with household duties so she can go to church, etc.  hahaha He wanted to kill me but sorry buddy! :)  Also we got to sing with the ZLs in their baptism and once again, so grateful for them and their friendship and leadership in our lives.

Yesterday Ariana came to church!!!  So did a few others, but WIlliam, no.  The Lord protected us yet again and we had a wonderful sacrament meeting. Afterwards, the Bishop called all the leaders and us together in a mini meeting and we felt like we were in a movie with superheroes reuniting to set a plan, and it was awesome how much they are supporting us now.  Maybe the Lord used these situations to wake the ward up and support us and have ward missionaries, etc. :)  I think so!  But it's so comforting to know they are supporting us and the Lord is protecting us.  We had a lesson with Armando again and sometimes it's crazy how stubborn the human is in resisting the Father's will.  But we are not giving up.

Lots of things on my mind and in my heart these last few days.  It's hard being sick yet again and not having people who want to progress even though they know this is true.  I'm trying to get animos again and I know I need to give more and do my best and not let the opposition get to me!  Hna Vidrio has been heaven sent helping me with medical things and also being there emotionaly when I need it and showing me love.  I know the Lord has placed people in my path in this time for a reason.  I was reading Alma 38:2-5 today and it really touched me again that I need to endure to the end, and REMEMBER that when I place my trust in God, He delivers me!  I've done it before!  All my mission!  And I can do it again.  I need to fully trust Him, rely on theAtonement and keep moving forward :)  That's my goal this week---try to try harder and trust in the Lord and give more of me despite all this opposition and I know He will bless us.

I know this work is incredible.  I love my Savior.  I know that trials are given to us to perfect us, mold us, help us remember things we forget often, and to be able to help others as well.  I trust in the Lord and in His will and need to be a better representative of Him daily and will strive to do so :)  Thank you for your prayers and love.  I love you!!!  

Hermana Bryan


No comments:

Post a Comment