"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
--Ether 12:4




Monday, October 22, 2012

More Miracles!!! Alma 26:27

Hermana Diez, Isaac, and Me

Hola Familia and Friends!!!!

So this week was a week of miracles and wow I just feel GRATEFUL to my Heavenly Father every day for being here.

So Tuesday was our DM and we have a new district leader--Elder Baptista from Brazil and he is super chill and supportive and his accent is crazy (a bit hard to understand because it's like Jamaican Spanish hahaha) it's cool though.  Also we just LOVE our ZLs--they are so so supportive and give us so much animos, etc

Also, I realized Tuesday that I'm harder on myself now than I ever ever ever was before, haha crazy!  That's what happens in the mish when we get closer to God and realize our potential and what we need to do to get there, and our weaknesses, but it's good because I keep myself in check and am always striving to be better and repent and rely on my Heavenly Father and He has blessed us SO much for it!!

I loved D&C 68:6 that day!

Tuesday night we taught Isaac--our investigator who has been ready forever (the other hermanas taught him also.)  But we have been waiting and talking to his parents for permission and they didn't want to give it to him, and the mom finally said, "Whatever," but said we had to talk to his dad; his dad is separated from his mom and NEVER comes to their home, etc etc. Lots of problems.  Well, we had fasted for a miracle for Isaac and Tuesday night we were teaching and I see inside the house that a man is there so I asked Isaac, "Is that your dad??!!!!"  He said yes and I just beaming looked at my comp and we taught an awesome lesson with the Spirit and Isaac said he wanted to be baptized and repent fully that week, and we told him and promised him with faith that if he bore testimony to his dad and prayed like crazy, his dad would sign.  We prayed like never before and had such faith that it would happen.  Really exercised our faith and not just hoped.

Wednesday we were leaving the apt and ran into Isaac and he pretended--his face all sad and everything and then burst into a grin and said his dad had been so touched he grabbed the paper and immediately signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Also Jennifer (the little girl on Sunday--the miracle) is so prepared and ready for her baptism.  What a blessing.  

Wednesday also, the Bishop came and accompanied us and we visited some families and he got so happy and like a little kid missionary again contacting people, etc.  It was great :)  He was way happy and excited about it.

Friday what a tender mercy.  The phone rang and it was the new assistant.  He said he had called to do a verification with Hna Diez and how our training was coming along.  He had lots of questions for Hna Diez and then asked me some questions about how I felt training, my fears, and then the MOST difficult question of all was: "What attribute do you have that no one else has and is why the Lord chose YOU and no one else to train Hna Diez that will bless her the rest of her life and mission?" ummmm HARD!!  I said the Spirit---working by the Spirit, and thought also of charity.  He then asked how we know if we are having success and like PME states, I said that it's when we work by the Spirit, love our investigators, work with diligence, etc and THEN come the numbers.  He loved that answer, haha, and at the end said thank you and he could tell we loved each other the way we interacted and spoke about one another and said he felt the Spirit strongly even though it was over the phone.  He said we make the mission easier for President and is happy with us.  He also said at the end that we will never know the extent of our success.  He said and promised us tons of success and that we would see the realizations of that in the celestial kingdom, and I started crying because I felt and knew it was true.  We will have success here--we are having it!  And will continue that way and the real day we will recognize all the fruits of our labors will be in the celestial kingdom and what joy!
Wow it was SO edifying and we felt the Spirit SO strongly.  Tender mercy for sure.

Also amazing meeting with the bishop and our WML and the bishop approving our ideas and adding some, and being SUPER excited to accompany us every Wednesday.  He said, "You know what hermanas?  Every Wednesday we are going to stop men in the street.  We are going to stop them and contact them because they have a family, and when we knock doors we often find everyone besides the man of the house, so if we upfront contact him and he accepts, his family will accept and we will baptize families."  AWESOME.  Also, we are doing a ward fast for the missionary work of Duran Ward.  Also some other ideas, and we are finally working all together and have their support and excitement and trust. What a blessing!

Saturday--Isaac's baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was INCREDIBLE.  One of the BEST I've had here in the mission beause the Spirit was SO present.  The ZLs and us had practiced for 3 days, "Come Thou Fount" (me on the piano and my comp and them singing. Elder Zepeda has a raspy awesome cool voice so that was awesome.  I nicknamed him Elder Freddy Ashby and he got all happy because literally thought he couldn't sing).  Well, he was SO nervous because had solos and we practiced and sacrificed some hours of proselyting to make it really a special baptismal service.
William (our awesome investigator) and Isaac showed up all dressed up and it was so so awesome.  The musical number turned out perfectly and Isaac was crying and just thanked us a lot.  During the baptism, William turned around and said, "So when I get baptized it will be like that?"  "YES!" I said, hahaha.  William said afterwards he felt realy good and more willing to be baptized because he felt like God is calling him, but is a bit afraid I think!

Sat night we had a long long long convo, my comp and I, and I have realized that the mish is also for helping us communicate, prepare for marriage, help others prepare, etc.  haha Lots of stuff I've learned and had to put in practice. It was really good though.

Sunday William didn't come to church because he was tired :(  We had an awesome lesson with him but still thinks Catholicism is just as good, etc.  PRAY FOR HIM PLEASE!  
The bishop supports us a ton and showed that in his announcements on Sunday.
Issac received the Spirit and was stoked and so so so happy and changed.

What a blessing!  Well, I feel so blessed.  I've really learned the meaning of the promise in Alma 26:27 and know that is the key.  I love my Lord.  I love the obra misional!!!  I love this work and am so excited to continue in it forever.  We have the truth!!!  Share it :)

Love,
Hermana Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment