"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
--Ether 12:4




Monday, October 8, 2012

Be of good Cheer. The Future is as Bright as your Faith!!

Hermana Diez and Me at Conference!
Hola Familia y Amigos!!!  

Bueno, our lovely President changed the writing time to 30 minutes, so I'm typing and reading like crazy to try and get things in!!  Man I'm so nervous, hahaha, I hate changes like this!

Ok so Tuesday was an AWESOME day.  We felt like our prayers were so answered because we so expressed to the Lord us needing Him to help us, and He really blessed our day with new people, refs, etc.  I felt so grateful that day to be alive and know such wonderful people in my life and have such wonderful support.  THANKS!!!  Also, the bus driver didn't make us pay---awesome!  And our ZLs are AWESOME and so great.  It was a bit hard with our not-so-awesome DL and I was kind of crying and had to express my feelings and give machete with love to him in DM, but it will be ok.  We lovingly call him Elder Voldemort.  Is that horrible?  It's all good fun haha.  At the end of the day I was thinking about Condor (can't help it---fav area---and for the first time since leaving, I was actually grateful to be HERE) wow can you believe it?!!

Wednesday was Hna Diez's birthday and she felt way loved.  I was busting up laughing during our hymn in a lesson because it was the answer to my worries and fears and I felt happy again---the worst part about it is it was during a lesson and I left my comp singing solo and she was way confused!  hahahaha

Thursday I was pretty sad and down but the Hymn 148 again made me happy and lifted us up, and during a lesson with Janet and her 2 kids (Marcos and Melanie) the Spirit was so strong and there was focus and happiness and they accepted baptismal dates and understood everything.  It was amazing!!!!

Friday was a day of opposition in all things.  I was way sick and had no energy, etc and everything failed and everyone failed us and no one was home and no contacts, etc  fail.  And to top it off, at the end of the day when we had continued walking and trying and talking ourselves through the day, our DL asked Hna Diez if we set goals--like trying to see if we actually do things and if I'm actually training her---he is really degrading and that set me off the top.  Hard day.

Saturday, honestly I was so excited for Conference, and the morning session was awesome and the afternoon session for sure humbled me and called us to diligence, focus, and repentance.  I felt pretty down afterwards and so imperfect for this work, and how much I need to repent of.  Well we went out and it was another fail---no one home and everything failing us and I felt SO down not knowing why things are failing or what to do and how to make people understand that THIS is the answer to every problem!  I felt like my faults affected the work and I know that Satan wants us to feel that way, so thank heavens for MUCH PRAYER and for Sunday conference answers!!

Sunday Conference's Music and the Spoken Word was exactly what I needed to hear about being grateful for the little tender mercies the Lord sends us, and justamente I had read about that story in Numbers this week in my personal study.  Conference was AMAZING and the morning session I got so many answers to my questions.  It was so great to feel that happiness and inner strength and peace again, and determination to do whatever the Lord asked of me.  Such a blessing.
I love that in the conference everyone talked about having a change of heart, repentance, becoming who God wants us to be, serving with more dedication, hope, doing the will of God, being happy and grateful despite circumstances, missionary work (crazy awesome announcements!!!!), loving God, and loving others.  SUCH ANSWERS!!  
The answers to my prayers came from Elder Uchtdorf's talk, Elder Eyring, Elder Holland, and Elder Nash.

Marcos, Melani, and Janet came to Conference, and Marcos (only 10) had read all of 3 Nephi 11 and had memorized and understood everything!  It is amazing how elect he is!!!  Wow we were so happy!  Also, our first lesson failed us and I was like, you know what?  We are going to contact his neighbor because I had always seen a young guy very nice and working and felt we should talk to him. My comp, a bit nervous, literally jumped out from behind a wall in front of their door and announced so happily and yelling, "WE ARE MISSIONARIES!!!!" bahahahahaha I was trying so hard not to die laughing and smiled and smoothed things over, and we talked to them and turns out they always went to church and church activities when an old LDS neighbor invited them and loved the church, etc.  We are so excited to visit them!  Tender mercy for sure.
Then we got to visit some referrals from members and they were home, and got to know their challenges and awesome family and they are married which is huge here and we just felt like everything fell into place! 
So happy and such inner peace and strength and so grateful.

How grateful I am for a living prophet.  I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I know that if we submit our will to theirs, everything will be ok.  I love that we don't have to worry and we just have to trust in them and have faith in their promises.  Love them, trust them, let's put Them first and SERVE FOREVER!!!!!!!

Hermanas Amador, Vidrio, Me, and Diez
Love you!!                                                
Love,
Hermana Bryan

Hermana Vidrio and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment