"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
--Ether 12:4




Monday, July 2, 2012

The Vision to Reach our Potential

Alisson's Baptism with Ruben, her dad, present!

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

First of all, HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY LOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I sent you something and can't believe July is here!

Well Monday we went to a mall that had a bunch of US name stuff (I found Cinnabon and Subway!!  Stuff I haven't seen in a year!) and got excited haha.

Tuesday we went to Douglas and Mayra again and saw that Mayra wasn't super excited that we were there and she went right to the kitchen; we asked if we could help her with anything and she was like no, but just smiled and didn't really respond so I dropped my backpack and told my comp, "Let's go!"  And Douglas started smiling and we were laughing and we just invaded her kitchen and made her put us to work.  We peeled platanos and helped chop vegetables and while doing so, she was expressing her doubts and feelings and asking questions.  It was great and then afterwards, agreed to come join us for a hymn and a prayer.  After the hymn, the kids were all there too, and I asked if we could say the prayer but do so kneeling down.  Eduardo, the 10 year old, right away and super obediently jumped down from his chair and knelt.  We then waited for the parents and everyone else to do the same but I was SO impressed by him!  He said he would remind his family to do prayers together every night.

Wednesday we had interviews with the President and my fam already has details of this so I won't go into details, but it was what I needed.  He humbled me very much and also made me realize my full potential and what I can become and do as a missionary, and made me some great promises.  It made me excited to arise and shake off the dust and DO THIS!!!!

So I have like no time left but highlights of the week:

Douglas and Mayra---we visited them twice after that service and Mayra had completely changed and was more open--not super open still but much more open, and we gained their confidence.  Douglas is so ready--he reads the BOM every single day and they do family prayers and they ALL (the whole family) came to church yesterday!!!!!!!  What joy!!

Alisson, Cristina, Angela, Ruben---so we had taught Alisson all week and then found out she doesn't count as a mission baptism--just the ward but it's cool!  Ruben came home from out of town work just in time for the baptism and while there, he was crying A LOT.  It was so wonderful--the Spirit has been so strong in these girls´ baptisms and it was so cool to see her cute face and smile and hear her and Cristina talking in the bathroom about their experiences and what they felt.  The whole family came to church on Sunday and Ruben committed to baptism as well when he is in town next, and so we are going like crazy to try and get him ready and that he can progress on his own in the meantime, and also Dayana, his child from another marriage felt the Spirit so strongly and committed to baptism!  What a miracle it has been to teach this family and see the change.  Ruben described his experience at the baptism and at church as feeling this burning inside of him and feeling peace and happiness.  The Spirit is working and we just feel blessed to be merely the instruments.  It was so joyful to see his happiness and the whole family together led by a righteous and faithful and valiant mother.

We had 10 investigators at church yesterday.  TEN!!!  That NEVER has happened.  This area is golden and there are so many of God's elect here waiting, and the Lord is blessing us so much.  I don't even feel like we are doing anything to deserve all of this but us, plus the ward, who works and supports us SO much it blows my mind--we see miracles here every week.  What a blessing, like Logan feels, to be in an area like this and see these miracles.

So this week a few talks in the general conference Liahona touched me.  Henry B. Eyring said, "It is serving God and others persistently with full heart and soul that turns testimony of truth into unbreakable spiritual strength."  That is what we experience in the mission.  I came with a testimony, but through serving and studying and learning and trials, the Lord has turned that testimony into firmness and unbreakable spiritual strength.  Pres mentioned that as well, and I just feel so blessed and privileged to serve a mission!

Also I realized the need to have the vision of our potential.  After my interview, the Lord taught me a lot, and Elder Haleck's talk about Vision SO touched me!!!!  Proverbs 29:18 is so true in every aspect of life, and his teaching us to have the vision of what the Savior sees us as, and who the Savior knows we can become has helped me a lot to develop my own vision of who I can become, and rely on my Savior and Redeemer to do so.  We are nothing without His mercy and grace but with Him, we can become all He knows we can become!  What a blessing.

Also, today I was reading Elder Uchtdorf's, "The Merciful Obtain Mercy" talk, and it touched me especially about my companionship right now and how I need to change and act.

All in all a very humbling but uplifting, motivating, and inspiring week.

I love you all so much and you are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!  Rely on Him and obtain the vision of what you can become with His help!  And then, rise up and DO IT!!!!

He lives and loves us.

Love,
Hermana Bryan


No comments:

Post a Comment