"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
--Ether 12:4




Monday, November 21, 2011

Don't Stop Believing!

Well family I love you SO much!  Haha I don´t have a ton to say today but just have lots of love for all of you family and friends.  HAPPY THANKSGIVING this week!!!

Tuesday we had our Zone meeting and one of our Zone leaders Elder Bushnel is exactly how ZLs should be!  He is just super smiley and wanting to motivate people and willing to do whatever it takes.  We had to wake up the Zone again and tell them to participate and act excited--they always look so dead in whatever Zone I´m in it seems like haha!  Also big news I couldn´t believe it--Elder Caal is following me.  He got transferred the same week I did and is in my district.  WHY. hahaha  his companion is Elder Flores from my group (we entered the same time) and this week we got to talk to him during baptismal interviews and wow I just feel blessed to know him and have contact with him.  He has so much light and love and in his quiet unassuming way, makes everyone feel comfortable, happy and laugh.  I want to be like that!  We should all strive to be like that!  He is 26 so knows what life is like and the opposite side of the spectrum being inactive and returning but shares that he has no doubts now.  Anyway we were so grateful to have had that light in our lives that day to motivate and uplift us.
I was served soup with chicken heart but took it out and put it in a napkin when the Hermana left because I really had no desire to try to eat that after being so sick for so long hahaha.

Wednesday we had Ward Counsel and at one point we were all busting up laughing and laughing talking about me sleeping on my first Sunday in their ward and their different jokes and commentaries and I gave it right back.  This ward is really ahead of the game.

Thursday the girls had their interviews and were so so happy and our DL was so excited after talking to them about how ready they were.  Thurs was kinda rough in having to push Hna Martinez--it's hard at times and frustrating but I´m accepting it.  I also let her know of my goal to not let go of my obedience and we made the goals from then to help each other be exactly obedient and when I mentioned that, I think she realized it too and ever since then, things have been a lot better.  Still a bit frustrating but she shared that she is aware of it, just struggling with how to handle and accept all the emotions she has finishing her mission.  Poor thing she is very unassuming, accepting, and relaxed.  She shows a lot of love to everyone here we visit.  I ´ve been really trying to work on patience, love, and happiness.  This area is HARD.  It is the hugest area of hermanas in the whole mission.  We have more territory to cover than many areas put together.  The sun is hotter than I ever even thought possible to feel here.  We walk forever and don´t avoid climbing mountains.  A few people have been sent home from problems with their knees that's how bad it is sometimes! So needless to say I am thoroughly exhausted every single day.  But I am trying to not let that affect my mood and attitude and especially patience.  It´s hard at times for all of us to overcome the natural man especially when our spirits are so willing and wanting to work and be happy and full of love and excitement etc.  But we can do it!

Saturday was the baptism of Jakeline and Alexandra.  It was so special and the ward members were so fellowshipping and welcoming and even performed a surprise musical number after we did!  It was so humbling because we combined with the elders of another ward who had scheduled a baptism at the same time. Thank heavens we did because not a single person showed up for their baptism--not even the bishop.  They wouldn´t have been able to do anything and the amazing woman who was baptized can barely walk--we all had to help her.  It was a tender mercy from the Lord for all of us and we felt SO sad and badly for the elders and the woman and that made us really realize how blessed we are. The Lord is so giving and I feel so undeserving at times.  The girls are so excited to be members, know the church is true, and just are full of light.

Sunday was hard for no real reason for me but I was pretty emotional.  We last minute got assigned to teach both hours of classes but during Sunday School we all shared experiences about the scriptures.  Hermana Martinez and her experience really touched me and also made me miss the people in Manta especially Soheil and his light and the fact that he has no way to progress right now.  However D&C really touched me and I KNOW the Lord provides.  We have to trust in Him fully, with all we have, and I know He has a plan for us.  Things will work out exactly as they should.  I feel so humbled to be here with all my faults and my weaknesses but am so grateful I have this chance to learn and grow. The Lord is incredible, loves us, loves YOU completely and knows of your needs.  Let Him help you.  Turn to Him and He will give you comfort, peace, and let you feel of His love.

I am so thankful for you, family and friends and your love and support in this season of gratitude.  Know I pray for you daily.  LOVE you!! 

Hermana Bryan 

A few scriptures to read: 3 Nephi 5:13 and D/C 78:17-18



No comments:

Post a Comment