"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
--Ether 12:4




Monday, September 17, 2012

Duran Duran

Welp Family,

The time had to come when the best months of my life would end and they did.  Way by surprise, but inside we had suspected this for a while and felt it.
I got transferred and am now in Duran Ward in Duran Stake.  It's about 45 mins from Guayaquil---super close actually and Hna Alvarez's old ward!  Also--Hna Johansen is in my zone now so that's awesome!
I'm trying to be strong and trying not to focus on the pain and the sadness I feel.  I know it just means I had so many wonderful experiences and eternal relationships formed that changed my heart and life forever.

To sum up my last week in Condor:

Tuesday we had a great study together and a good zone meeting---I made salsa etc and the assistants were there by surprise.  It was a great meeting and Elder Osegueda has progressed SO much as a leader!!  He has grown in love and concern.  I also was really struck by something I read about agency and future decisions, and situations we see here in the mission so I have made a list of goals for myself for after my mission that I'm really excited about.

Wednesday we went to visit Maria and we got there and she said that she had thought and prayed about it and felt like she needed to stay in her religion---that's what her heart felt, etc.  We were sitting there on the couch and had Kevin, David, and Cristian there observing everything.  She was being so sweet and soft about it and apologizing--I literally felt like she was breaking up with us. hahaha It was a horrible feeling!!  But we knew then we had to teach the Restoration, and the Spirit was very very very present in that lesson. Man I hope she chooses to follow the Spirit and be baptized and let go of her fears!!  She is great and would make a great member with her kids.
Also Wednesday Kevin was talking to me and told me how much he has felt different lately, and how everyone has said he has changed, etc and he recognized it finally.  He said he sees things differently now and his vision has completely changed---it's more of an eternal perspective and he feels things spiritually now---they affect him spiritually and said that one of the main things is that he has learned and had so much love grow in his heart that he never knew he had.  He said that is key.  He said it was all from accompanying us and I was way astounded at the extent of our influence on him.  What a miracle and blessing, and I just felt SO grateful to my Heavenly Father for planning all this and allowing me to be part of it.  Miracles in the mission.  There are no coincidences!

Thursday (my 14 month anniversary!) Gaby, Kevin's sister, accompanied us and we had a scary experience. haha Some creeper guy who called and wanted to visit with us and he has lots of problems and tried to get us lost going to his house,etc.  Poor Gaby, hahaha.  Also all week we taught Genesis and Karina and Eduardo.  I'm so sad I won't get to see that progress!!!!  I love them.

Friday I found out about some things that made me mad about Kevin's family's situation and other situations and decisions, and people not wanting to be baptized and I just felt like I don't have control, and I was frustrated I don't have more control over lots of things and would like to help the world---why don't people get it?!
Also realized I have to put God first in everything---before studies as well, and everything will be good but that includes dedicating more time to the things of the Lord.  Many things I recognized.

Saturday we didn't have a single lesson ALL afternoon!!!  But Karina and Eduardo put on a BBQ to fundraise their wedding and made 70 bucks, so we were excited about that.  They are SO ready.

Sunday was a great day.  We had lunch with Kevin's family, had a wonderful lesson with his mom and brother and sister.  We visited Angela and I know she will accept one day and I hope it's soon!  Visited Steven, Karina and Eduardo, and Genesis.  While watching a video about the temples with Genesis, I got so teary and just felt like everything would be ok and that (the temple and eternity) is what really matters.  I can't wait to go back there and find answers and feel the strength again and reassurance there.  I miss the temple!!!!  How blessed we are.

Well, then transfer calls came late at night, and I have to say I'm so grateful the Lord helped me to say goodbye to the people I loved, and to have seen so many miracles in that ward. Truly best months of my life.  I know many things are to come here, and I'm going to be strong and give it my all.  3 months!!

LOVE YOU!!!!  The church is true!!!
Hermana Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment