"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
--Ether 12:4




Monday, December 10, 2012

Week of MIRACLES





Welp I have like 10 minutes cuz I'm in Condor and still have to visit some families before I go back to Duran, but this week has been incredible.

This week I learned a few hard lessons but incredible lessons--about obedience, trusting in the Lord, working HARD, being super animated and excited, etc.

Really it was amazing and all started with our fast and going to the temple and Christmas Conference with the mission.  We went to the temple fasting and it was incredible how much I have missed the temple and HOW MUCH I learned on Friday!!!!  Wow I learned so much about the Gospel, covenants, why the Doctrine of Christ is so important, the simpleness of God, the importance of the Priesthood and how how how important it is to me, etc.  I still have a ton to learn and understand but wow it was incredible.  I was also blessed to see people from Manta, Francisco, Tarqui and Condor in the temple!  Like the Lord gave me a mini tour of my mission again!  I felt so so so strongly the love of my Heavenly Father and Savior in the celestial room and teared up with such JOY and GRATITUDE for being there in my beloved Guayaquil temple with people I love and just feeling so much love.  What a blessing.

Then in the Conference it was INCREDIBLE how the Lord answered my fast and prayers.  The President and Hna Amaya talked exactly about what I needed to hear wow.  Also the President began to congratulate us and tell us the Hnas de Duran the great job and I don't know why he included us because we haven't had a ton of baptisms but he said, "And Hna Bryan...great job with Hna Diez---we wish you were staying another 1.5 years, we have had GREAT references about you."  Wow I was shocked, and he had me say a prayer and also give a goodbye testimony.  The biggest blessing was that in that moment I didn't feel like I was leaving!  Other blessing and answer to my fast and prayer haha to replace my sadness with work and love and joy and gratitude.  

It was the best day ever.  We did a Christmas presentation that was incredible and hilarious and I'm excited to show videos and pics when I get home.

Saturday we had a Stake cultural activity where we the missionaries had to make food from our countries and share it.  I made brownies and it was awesome because we had food and missionaries from Brazil, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Ecuador, Peru, and the States!  Also the miracle of the loaves and fishes occurred because we didn't have enough, but my brownies made it for each and every person.  The last person got the last brownie and I was shocked passing them out how there seemed to be more and more.  Wow :)

Ok yesterday in a Stake meeting we had, they rearranged the boundaries of the Stake and called new bishoprics, and the ZLs and us sang, "I Will Not be Still" in Spanish and it was awesome.  Man I'm SO excited for barrio Duran now---the bishopric is AWESOME and they will work tons and the ward is going to have so much success now.  Can't wait to hear results :)  

We were with the other Hermanas de Duran in a sleepover we had last night haha when we got a phone call from the Familia Gonzalez and another Miracle----the hermano decided to be baptized.  It is a MIRACLE.  Literally.  The Lord saw it fit to bless us according to our fasts and prayers and desires of our hearts despite our weaknesses.  He will be baptized in a few hours!!!!  

WOW  I am in awe of how much the Lord loves me and shows me that daily, and how merciful He is being to me as I am finishing out my mission.  Today in Condor He has let me visit everyone I love and even run into people I wanted to see but wouldn't have had time to go visit.  Fam Correa, Angela Jimenez and family---big story there I have to tell, Fam Izquierdo, Hna Dayse, Fam Noriega, etc etc Eduardo who got baptized, etc etc.  Man I feel SO blessed and love it here:)  Feel like I have never left these people I love.  That's what the celestial kingdom will feel like!!!

Well I'm sorry I have no time to write and share scriptures and more details but I promise I will next week!!  Hopefully I will get to write-- hahaha.

I love my mission.  I love Ecuador and these people.  I love my Lord and my God and my Savior, and daily depend on His grace and forgiveness and repentance and faith.  I love trusting in Him.  He literally is a God of Miracles.  Trust in Him and see your life begin to change from His love.

LOVE YOU!!!
The church is true :)
Hermana Bryan


Familia Correa
Angela Jimenez and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment