"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
--Ether 12:4




Monday, August 27, 2012

Opposition in all Things

Hola family and friends!!

First off I want to thank the DV Primary and Rios famiy for their awesome packages that made my day!!  THANKS :)

This week was pretty crazy full of emotions, experiences, trials and lots of opposition to make us grow.  But that's awesome right?  Because that's how we learn and develop into who we need to become!

Tuesday I was all pumped up and feeling the focus and strength of my prayers and prayers from all of you and lots of things happened to try and make me disconcentrated so that was a battle all day, haha, but I love that my comp and I share everything so we battled together :)  Also Tuesday I was SO beyond tired and basically wanting to fall asleep all day and in the lessons, and I was just praying during one lesson to please have the strength and the words to say with the Spirit, and I sat up and just opened my mouth and it was INCREDIBLE the strength and energy and Spirit and words I was blessed with as the Lord fulfilled His promise to fill our mouths.  Wow and as soon as my time was done, immediately my exhaust came back.  So Cool.

Wednesday was a pretty weird day and I felt SO beyond sad---like profoundly, and had no idea why.  Everything failed us basically and everything fell through until the night time.  And the whole day fighting this feeling and everything failing us, at the end just felt like why do we ever doubt?!  Heavenly Father knows everything and guides us.  He knew the PRECISE moment when Stefania would be home, when Moises would pass by with Morocho and we would be late or another lesson fall through and when we got to Angela she was JUST coming home and 5 mins before we would have missed her, etc.  Sometimes there is a divine reason for things falling through and He guides us with His Spirit and according to what He knows needs to happen.
Also Wed I got really teary thinking about Logan and my fam and felt really close to Logan in his mish and prayed for the trials you are facing, Logee.  I prayed that you would feel angels around you and feel God's love.
Also Kevin helped motivate us and shared D&C 20:31 and it was exactly what I needed to read that day!

Thursday I boiled water for my shower and it was SO nice to have a hot shower for the first time in months and months :) haha forgot about that.  My personal and comp study was just incredible that day and we understood so much more about the depth of the mercy and love of our Heavenly Father.  We had an amazing planning session and were pumped for Stefania's interview, etc.  We got there and she had left, texting her mom that she wasn't going to go and she wasn't ready etc etc.  WHAT!!!!  Not expected with our everyday visits and her faith and excitement about her change and baptism...so crazy opposition and shows how hard Satan works and how everything the whole week was failing and we couldn't fnd new people etc.  So we went and called her and tried visiting her house like all afternoon and night and nothing.  But it was funny how these experiences don't get me as riled up as before, we just trust in the Lord and that His will always will be done! :)

Friday was one of the hardest days OF MY LIFE.  I don't want to go into details but I finally understood the meaning of the word afflicted.  Afflicted body and mind--I was sick physically and afflicted mentally and emotionally and we felt all kinds of opposition for sure.  Hna Alvarez also felt the opposition and desanimo and Satan trying SO hard to get us down and destroy us and the good we try to do.  I have never felt so disheartened or afflicted in my life.  I needed extra help because normally I can just pray and talk about it and I'm fine a few mins later but this was deep.  I have never felt such a NEED for a priesthood blessng or divine help before in my life and was sitting on my bed just in tears needing a blessing and wishing Dad or Logan was there.  I called Kevin and he was at the temple working in the distribution center so unable to help but without asking, he went WAY out of his way to find someone to write my name in the temple and take it to the session that was being done and said he would help out when he got home. We went out to work and the Lord put his tender mercies in our path for sure.  He put every single Valarezo family in our paths to make us smile and laugh and cry and I felt like I found an answer to my prayers in D&C 132:49-50.  Then it was such a tender mercy seeing Cristian--ward missionary---his progress in testifying, giving us a reference, expressing how we have helped him, etc.  Then Kevin and Cristian gave me a blessing and it was so special.  The nerves, sadness, and afflictions and sickness I had been experiencing went away completely and Kevin told me exactly what I needed to hear from my Heavenly Father---it was clear, concise, and so very special.  Priesthood holders, PLEASE always be worthy and ready to give a blessing and magnify your callings and priesthood.  It becomes a huge blessing, and at times a need for us, women, to receive that divine help and strength and grace from our Heavenly Father through you.  I am SO grateful for the power of the Priesthood and for Heavenly Father's grace and mercy and love.

Saturday we passed by Angela, Cristina, and Allisson's house on the way to another lesson and it was so wonderful to be able to hear from their house Do What is Right playing!!!  What joy and love and the miracle of conversion! :)
Also we went to Douglas and Mayra and she broke down about the trials and pains of raising children and wayward chldren, etc and we gave her love and counsel and turns out in RS on Sunday the lesson was about that and she turned to us and said this lesson was for ME!!! :)  Love them!
Saturday was STEVEN'S baptism!!!!!  Stefania didn't get baptized but we are still working with her and hope this week or the next.  Pray for her!  Saturday was crazy because Steven came like an hour late to his baptism and he came in all huffing and puffing and apologizing and said,  "You wanna know why I'm late?!!" And I said, "Satan."  And he laughed and said yep.  Lots of opposition all week! But it didn't stop Steven.  It was so special to witness his baptism and his conversion and the baptism was very spiritual.  Kevin gave a powerful testimony, David and Jonathan spoke (love our ward missionaries), and the Bishop spoke and made an inside joke to me and Hna Alvarez which showed us he loves us and trusts us and appreciates us now, and then he welcomed Steven and then turned to us and said, "We will never ever forget Steven, and when we pass through the veil there will be tons of hugs of joy and memories and gratitude shared on that joyous day."  He was teary and just thanked us for serving a mission and coming to Ecuador and I was just crying.  I LOVE THE MISSION and love my Savior and love seeing the change in these wonderful elect of God.  Steven will serve a mission and be incredible.  He came to ward conference on Sunday in a suit!  I included a pic :)

Sunday was ward conference and it was incredible to see the results of ward visits and invitations that we had 290 peope there and 16 investigators (including Moises! :) ) Two more of our ward missionaries, Israel and Pablo got mission calls and I got all teary again watching them go up to receive their calls and remembering everything and recognizing now what that call means---a call and privilege and blessing to be the Lord's representative despite our human weaknesses, to participate in His work as His companion, to see His miracles, to experience joy, to become a better person and more like Him, so many blessings and experiences and eternity changing moments!  Wow.  What a blesing and what a miracle.
They are also going to Mexico!!!  CRAZY!!!  3 of them :) Israel to Mexico City and Pablo to Merida, Mexico.  VIVA MEXICO hahaha.
We had a wonderful lunch with the fam Valarezo and Kevin's dad gave the prayer so that was good, and they have prayed as a fam a couple of times this week---progress but they will come back.  We are working with Angela, Stefania, and Karina and Eduardo and praying lots to find new people because we need it, but have full faith and trust in the Lord that His miracles will happen according to our diligence and work and faith.

This coming Saturday elder Christofferson comes---what a blessing!  Well I'm out of time but I LOVE you!

This church is true.  The Book of Mormon changes lives.  The Atonement covers all pain, afflictions, and trials.  The power of the priesthood is real and God lives and loves us.  We can become like Him with His help.  Families are forever!!  What blessings we have.  Share this with those you know and love!  Change a life and experience joy! :)

Love you!
Hermana Bryan



Steven in his Suit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment